Ahhhh yes, love that alliteration . . .
On the first Monday of every month, we take on a ‘mission’ – a shift or habit or inspiration – to work on together. There’s strength (and support) in numbers! On the last Thursday of the month, we reconvene to see how far we’ve come.
Happy December! I can’t believe it’s December already, and I can’t believe we’ve been taking on monthly tasks for almost 2 years now! In that time we’ve completed 15 missions (a few spanned more than one month) and 2 ‘mini missions’. Plus you guys helped me Get Out The Bonzai. Pretty amazing accomplishments!
And now, we’re dawning on a whole new year. The holidays are in full swing (Happy Hanukkah!!!), with celebrations stacked up from Thanksgiving all the way through New Years Eve. And even if you’re not turning 30 in January (like I am, w00t!), there’s a whole helluva lot going on. The new year is a great time for reflection and setting intentions. We did some work around that last year, and I’m looking forward to returning to those themes later on this month.
So for all these reasons, I’m making this month a free pass. Maybe a chance to play catch up? Out of 15 missions, perhaps there’s one you’d like to revisit . . .
- With a how-to and follow-up here.
- With a follow-up here. (and lots of great reader comments)
- With a follow-up here.
- With an explanation and information here.
11) Driving Less
- With a follow-up here that has a lot of great comments and ideas.
- This one was huge and hugely important, so we checked in three times: 1 2 3 with a final wrap-up here.
- One of my very favorite missions ever. First round-up here where we decided to extend it. This is where illuminationPositive! gets involved. Then Ero San shares his incredible butterflies. Finally, the wrap up is here. Yeah, definitely my favorite mission!
- With our final wrap-up. a little different than expected!
Are you planning on trying, or retrying, any of these missions this month? I’m considering taking an extended break from the MMM for a while . . . maybe doing something else instead? Maybe doing a Bonzai Book Club?
I’d love your input! As the site evolves and slowly changes, there are bound to be some growing pains. I want you all to be as involved as possible – this is, after all, about all of YOU. So please share your thoughts!