Willkommen! Welcome to Vegan MoFo 2011, the 5th annual Vegan Month of Food! For all of October, the blogosphere will be blowing up as vegans and non-vegans alike participate in a creative celebration of plant-based cuisine. The point of MoFo is to post every. single. day. . . and I’m going to do my best, even if some days it’s simple “food porn”, a funky Instagram of something exciting I’ve eaten. Deal?
This year I’m going with a general theme, the playful and not-to-be-taken-so-seriously RAWK-toberfest. Yes, there will be lots of raw food! Also some cooked. Also some text-heavy articles. Probably lots of adorable baby pictures. Here’s an idea of what you can look forward to in October:
- Recipes! Raw and cooked, but mostly raw. That tahini dip I’m addicted to? Yup. Those pulp crackers I’m always on about. You betchya. xGFx sugar-free pumpkin muffins??? Ohhhh yes.
- Photos from the Farmer’s Market (such abundance this time of year!)
- Photos from my garden & the 2011 micro-farm
- A series of essays explaining the food experiments I’ve been conducting on myself this year, as well as a discussion of self-experimentation in general, and potentially touching on disordered eating/orthorexia in the food blogging world.
- Answering your questions – so please ask them! Are you curious about anything vegan- or raw-related? Lay it on me, and I may just feature it in a post!
- Pictures of vegan kids enjoying vegan eats. Because come on, who doesn’t love the little veg cuties?
- Plus all the normal Bonzai stuff, like the Book Club, “What I” Wednesdays, and Friday’s Le Love List.
I don’t know about you, but I can hardly wait! As for now, I leave you with a picture of my breakfast this morning: RAW chocolate-chili cheesecake from Divine Pie at the Portland Farmer’s Market. Word.