Vegetable Juice is sweeping the nation, and I am happily surfing the big green wave! It all started with my wheat grass discovery a few months back, which kicked off a love affair that ignited in my own kitchen. My dear Champion, usually sad and lonely and gathering dust in the corner under the cupboards, was suddenly seeing more action than even my beloved blender.
Why am I so obsessed with juicing? Here’s my Top 5 Reasons:
1) Green Juice is a super shot of concentrated nutrition. You get all the goodness from fresh fruits and vegetables – the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals – stripped from the fiber so they’re instantly absorbed and effortlessly assimilated. Green Juice digests in about 10 minutes. How long would it take you to chew 2 carrots, a cucumber, and an entire head of greens? You’d fill up on bulk before you could finish it! Veggie juice lets you consume more vegetables, and thus more nutrients, without feeling too full too fast.
2) Green Juice gives the ultimate energy! I’m not talking about those awful caffeine artificial jitters. No sir. The deep down vitality gifted by green juice comes from the maximum nutrient profile and the easily accessed natural fuel – glucose. Each of your cells gets a straight shot of strength for sustained, slow burning stamina. My green juice keeps me going all afternoon!
3) Hello, glowing skin and improved digestion! The health benefits of juicing are truly unparalleled, which is why it’s one of the most popular healing/ disease-curing modalities. Add fresh juice to your daily regimen and watch your body begin to sing! Though it works wonders on each and every internal system, personally I see my results in radiant skin and great gut health.
4) Juicing saves money and reduces waste! It’s like this: am I going to eat my radish tops? Um, no. But will I juice my radish tops? Heck yeah! Green juice is a great way to get maximum use out of all your veggies. Seriously, you can juice practically anything! So clean out your crisper and hop to it, little bunny!
5) Truth: I love green juice because Waits loves green juice. And what mother wouldn’t be over the moon to see her kid smacking their lips over a kale-cucumber-celery concoction?! Well guess what parents – children love this stuff. See?
Next week I’ll teach you how to make fresh juice even if you don’t have a pro juicer. In the meantime, check out Kathy’s article (and swoon over the photos), posted just this morning over at Healthy Happy Life. Great bloggers think alike? I’m telling you, Green Juice is all the rage and everyone’s doing it, man!