It’s almost Waits’ birthday! Holy CRAP, this year flew by and my little baby is, well, no longer a baby. It’s crazy to think that a year ago I was *so very* pregnant, I had put the site on baby watch, and I was doing everything in my power to become un-pregnant. What a world of difference in one little trip around the sun!
Where were you a year ago? Is it very different than where you are now?
And speaking of differences . . .
So I’ve been doing a lot of meditating lately, about this website, its future, and how to make it viable. As of right now I’m doing this for free, and let me tell you – it’s a *lot* of work. I do it because I love it and it’s important, and I think of it as activism. Some people table or talk to their congressperson, some people write letters and some organize outreach. Me? I blog. But nobody *volunteers* as a full-time job. In order to continue to give Bonzai the attention that I think it deserves, I need it to be more sustainable, financially.
Ideally doing what you love to do, and doing what makes you money, will be one in the same. That’s the dream, right? So it’s time for me to jump in.
An opportunity has arisen that I’m excited to take advantage of. A new Ad Network featuring exclusively vegan advertisers. Yes! Now this is something I can get behind! I’m all about promoting cool vegan companies – you know that I believe in the power of “pro-cott” as much as the power of boycott. So I’ve signed up for a trial period, and starting at some point in March, a revolving ad will appear in the Bonzai sidebar.
I feel good about this. I’m actually excited about this. In order to be my best for you, I need to view this website as a vehicle that’s moving me forward in my life and in my dreams. This is an excellent step!
But I want to know what you guys think. Please share your feelings, because you know I value them (you guys make this site!) and I’d never want my integrity to be compromised in your eyes. So please please – feedback!
Le Love List!
And now, for my favorite part of Friday. And I’ve got a whole lot to love this week:
1. Planning Waits’ birthday party! It’s happening later in the month, a joint venture with the two other vegan babies (!!) who were also born last March. Waits & Amelie & Clementine will be hosting a farm animal party (ha!), and we’re asking that in lieu of gifts, people donate to Farm Sanctuary. I’m making a raw caramel tart with chocolate ganache and I promise to write down the recipe this time. (sorry guys!) Yeah, it’s going to be SO FUN.
2. Green Things: wheat grass shots which make me feel SO GOOD, I love you Sip and I’m thrilled to have finally found fresh wheat grass in P-town!
3. Green Things: matcha lattes, oh lordy this is a new obsession. So. Effing. Delicious.
4. Green Things: fresh-picked nettles for my infusion, from the year-round Farmer’s Market. They make such a smooth infusion (but be careful, um, they sting!!!)
5. Snow. Waits wide-eyed and grabbing at snow flakes. *heart melt*
Now it’s your turn! What do you love this week?
My darlings, this happy little post will stay at the top of the page all weekend, so stop by any time to leave your Love List, ask a question, or offer some feedback! Or if you’re new, please introduce yourself and say ‘Oi!’! This is your community, so get involved!