August 1st marked my 2-year Veganniversary, and we celebrated with a lovely picnic brunch. It was pretty much the perfect summer day, warm but breezy, clear and bright and the air in the park was oh-so-fresh. Just the kind of day that makes me love Oregon!
My style is in transition right now, changing to suit this post-pregnancy body. I am awed and amazed at how the female frame adapts and alters in order to bear a child. How our skin stretches and then shrinks back, that our entire internal anatomy rearranges itself, how our very bones are spread apart. It’s all so impressive, so beautiful.
I’ve lost the majority of my baby weight, but my body’s been left a completely different shape. Which means I’m re-learning how to dress myself. I curve in ways I never curved before, and it’s an exciting challenge figuring out how to flatter this whole new form!
I wore :
- ”40 Watt Club” T-Shirt: DIY, and if anyone catches the reference you are the shiznit
- Floral Skirt: secondhand, by f21
- Black Cropped Leggings: secondhand, by AA
- Black Vegan Ballet Flats: secondhand
- Yellow Canvas and Wood Purse: secondhand
- Charm Bracelet and Faux Pearls (worn around my ankle): both gifts
- ”I’m Vegan and I <3 You" T-Shirt: by Herbivore
- Cargo Shorts (which crack me up – because infants NEED pockets, right?): secondhand
- Explorer Hat: secondhand