And now, Oi! Most Epic FFF Ever:
1) Firstly, I have to give a delighted and Heartfelt THANK YOU to Ann, who was so sweet to send Waits an awesome gift off of our registry – an organic cotton ‘fruit basket’. Ohmygod so cute! Thank you so much, he loves to shove them in his mouth (along with everything else these days), haha. The grapes are the best. =)
2) Second, I want to apologize for the light posting schedule this week. Work’s been kicking my ass. Obviously Waits and my family are my first priority, but oh how I wish the blog could be second in line! Usually it is. Sometimes though, I gotta go for the $crilla.
Maybe someday this blog and the $crilla will be one-and-the-same . . . a girl can dream, no?
3) Let Live was AWESOME! That pic up there ^ is from the conference. I’d planned to write up a post about it this week but time just didn’t allow it (see #2). So here’s the super quick re-cap:
- Babies and lectures are oil and water. I tried to see a few panels but the little dude just tried to talk along with the big kids and I had to duck out. No worries! We had tons of fun hanging out in the ballroom.
- This was as much a social event as it was an informative one. That’s one of the things I love about activist communities. The ‘big players’ and movement leaders all mingle easily with everyone else, allowing for awesome dialogue and a real sense of empowerment. No pretense. Just positivity and optimism.
- So many babies! I think there were five little ones under 6 months, which was so cool and inspiring. It was great chatting with all the vegan Mamas – including (unbeknownst to me) Kim McCoy of Sea Shepherd/Whale Wars (I thought she looked familiar!) Her son is just 10 weeks old, and damn cute I must say. Yay for vegan babies!
4) Um, this is so effing hysterical to me I just had to share. Hit’s a *little* close to home . . .
Soooooo, after all that yakking, it’s also time for comments, critiques, thoughts, support, and suggestions. What’s on your minds???
As usual, the Feedback Forum will remain here at the top of the page all weekend, so if you’ve got an idea or a question or you just want to introduce yourself and say ‘Oi!’, you can stop back by any time. This is your community, so get involved and have your say!
Happy 4th of July to all you Americans! Have a fireblast-tastic weekend!